1 Day – Adult Mental Health Champion£200
About this course
Our one day mental health awareness and skills course qualifies you as an Adult MHFA Champion.
MHFA Champions have:
- An understanding of common mental health issues
- Knowledge and confidence to advocate for mental health awareness
- Ability to spot signs of mental ill health
- Skills to support positive wellbeing
- About Mental Health First Aid
- About mental health and stress in the workplace
- Stigma and discrimination
- Anxiety disorders
- Other mental health issues (eating disorders, self-harm, psychosis)
- Early warning signs of mental ill health
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- Applying the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- Action 1: Approach the person, assess and assist with any crisis
- Action 2: Listen and communicate non-judgementally
- Action 3: Give support and information
- Action 4: Encourage the person to get appropriate professional help
- Action 5: Encourage other supports
- Building a mentally healthy workplace
- Action planning for using MHFA
We value this course at £200 per person.
Very good amazing facilitation of the group. This led to lots of honest sharing of opinions and experiences. Paula brought a lot of engaging activities and kept it relevant to everyday life. An amazing 2 days, thank you.
Yes it was a an intense 2 days but I feel we came together well as a team, the diversity I thought was great and I really enjoyed meeting and working with you all. Paula was a great enabler.
Professional, well designed course that has expanded my knowledge. Paula is an excellent instructor who kept the pace and tone of the course in perfect harmony.
Excellent and Informative course, very well presented, thank you.
Paula's personality and expedition background have equipped her with the key ingredients to not only get the job done, but to do it in a way that leaves a person touched by something intangible. An incredibly inspirational and lovely person to work with.
Best course I have been on, fantastic delivery from Paula and Gail. Not only do I feel like I’ve learnt a lot to help others also for myself, so thank you…
"Extremely helpful, and useful. Both instructors were lovely enthusiastic, engaging, caring and mindful. Made me feel very comfortable. I learned loads and will be putting it into practice. Well worth the 2 days."
Fantastic Course! Instructors were amazing, approachable, non-judgemental, very knowledgeable. Will be recommending to everyone!