2 Day – Youth Mental Health First Aid – on hold due to COV-19£300
About this course
Youth MHFA Two Day course qualifies you as a Youth Mental Health First Aider.
Youth Mental Health First Aiders have:
- An in depth understanding of young people’s mental health and factors that affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to reassure and support a young person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help a young person recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s through self-help sites, their place of learning, the NHS, or a mix – engaging with parents, carers and external agencies where appropriate
- Ability to support a young person with a long term mental health issue or disability to thrive
- Tools to look after your own mental wellbeing
What to expect
We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
Learning takes place across four manageable sessions. Through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions, each session is built around a Youth Mental Health First Aid action plan.
When you complete the course you will get:
- A Youth MHFA manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A workbook including some helpful tools to support your own mental health
- A certificate of attendance to say you are a Youth Mental Health First Aider
MHFA England value this course at £300. Please contact us to discuss options.
Very good amazing facilitation of the group. This led to lots of honest sharing of opinions and experiences. Paula brought a lot of engaging activities and kept it relevant to everyday life. An amazing 2 days, thank you.
Yes it was a an intense 2 days but I feel we came together well as a team, the diversity I thought was great and I really enjoyed meeting and working with you all. Paula was a great enabler.
Professional, well designed course that has expanded my knowledge. Paula is an excellent instructor who kept the pace and tone of the course in perfect harmony.
Excellent and Informative course, very well presented, thank you.
Paula's personality and expedition background have equipped her with the key ingredients to not only get the job done, but to do it in a way that leaves a person touched by something intangible. An incredibly inspirational and lovely person to work with.
Best course I have been on, fantastic delivery from Paula and Gail. Not only do I feel like I’ve learnt a lot to help others also for myself, so thank you…
"Extremely helpful, and useful. Both instructors were lovely enthusiastic, engaging, caring and mindful. Made me feel very comfortable. I learned loads and will be putting it into practice. Well worth the 2 days."
Fantastic Course! Instructors were amazing, approachable, non-judgemental, very knowledgeable. Will be recommending to everyone!