On-line half day – Youth Mental Health Awareness£0
About this course
Become Youth Mental Health Aware
This foundation three hour session raises awareness of young people’s mental health. It covers:
- Some of the common mental health issues affecting young people, including depression, anxiety, eating disorders and psychosis.
- Skills to work more effectively with young people living with mental health issues
- Ways to support young people with a mental health issue and relate to their experiences
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for teachers and parents who want to gain the necessary skills to have a non-judgmental conversation, recognise the signs and symptoms of mental health issues and resources for help and support.
This is not a counselling or therapeutic session, purely around awareness so you can feel more empowered to help someone else.
We look forward to welcoming you.
- Half day online session using zoom.
- Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities.
- We limit numbers to 6 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
Everyone who completes the session gets:
- A certificate to say you are Youth Mental Health Aware.
- A manual and workbook to keep and refer to whenever you need it.
- Access to ongoing support and resources
We value this online course at £75.
Our online courses will be conducted using Zoom. You need to be able to:
- Turn your camera on and off
- Turn your microphones on and off
- Use the chat function
- Rejoin the call if the connection drops out
Very good amazing facilitation of the group. This led to lots of honest sharing of opinions and experiences. Paula brought a lot of engaging activities and kept it relevant to everyday life. An amazing 2 days, thank you.
Yes it was a an intense 2 days but I feel we came together well as a team, the diversity I thought was great and I really enjoyed meeting and working with you all. Paula was a great enabler.
Professional, well designed course that has expanded my knowledge. Paula is an excellent instructor who kept the pace and tone of the course in perfect harmony.
Excellent and Informative course, very well presented, thank you.
Paula's personality and expedition background have equipped her with the key ingredients to not only get the job done, but to do it in a way that leaves a person touched by something intangible. An incredibly inspirational and lovely person to work with.
Best course I have been on, fantastic delivery from Paula and Gail. Not only do I feel like I’ve learnt a lot to help others also for myself, so thank you…
"Extremely helpful, and useful. Both instructors were lovely enthusiastic, engaging, caring and mindful. Made me feel very comfortable. I learned loads and will be putting it into practice. Well worth the 2 days."
Fantastic Course! Instructors were amazing, approachable, non-judgemental, very knowledgeable. Will be recommending to everyone!
Our course begins with the first step for generating great user experiences: understanding what people do, think, say, and feel. In this module, you’ll learn how to keep an open mind while learning.